Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485)

This visa allows recently graduated international students in Australia to live, study and work. The qualification must either:

  • Relate to an occupation on the eligible skills occupation list, or
  • Be a higher education degree

To meet the Australian Study Requirement you have to complete one or more degrees, diplomas
or trade qualifications for award by an Australian educational institution.

The visa has 2 streams:

  • Graduate Work Stream – allows you to stay for 18 months
  • Post-study Work Stream – visa granted for 2-4 years

Recognized Graduate visa (subclass 476)

This visa for recent engineering graduates of recognized institutes to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience.

In the two years before you apply, you must have completed one of the following qualifications in engineering:

  • Bachelors degree
  • Masters degree
  • Doctoral degree
  • postgraduate diploma.

Your qualification must contain a major sequence of study or specialisation in
engineering, such as: civil engineering, structural engineering, chemical
engineering,environmental engineering, electrical and electronics
engineering, mechanical, production and plant engineering, mining and
material engineering.

Temporary Skilled Shortage visa (subclass 482)

Referred to as the TSS visa, this visa replaced the 457 visa on 18-Mar-2018. It enables employers to address labour shortages by hiring skilled workers where an appropriate skilled Australian cannot be sourced. TSS visa allows you to work in Australia in the nominated occupation for their approved sponsor under one of these streams

  • Short-term stream
  • Medium-term stream
  • Labour Agreement stream

The nominated occupation should be in the list of the eligible skilled occupation.


  • You sponsor is a standard business sponsor or has lodged an application
    to become a standard business sponsor
  • You sponsor then lodges a nomination application for you
  • You lodge an application for the TSS visa against the nomination
    lodged by your sponsor.

Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)

This visa allows skilled workers to permanently live in Australia if your employer is wishes to sponsor you.

You can apply for this visa in either of the following streams:

  • Temporary Residence Transition Stream (TRT)You may be eligible if you have a -
    • TSS visa (subclass 482) in the medium term stream
    • Temporary Work (skilled) visa (subclass 457) that was not granted under labour agreement
    • Related associated Bridging visa and have worked for your employer full-time in Australia on your TSS or 457 visa for atleast:
    • three out of the previous four years (before the nomination is made) in the same position that they have nominated you for or
    • two out of the previous three years before the nomination is made and if transitional arrangements apply
  • Direct Entry Stream (DE)
    You can apply under this stream if you do not meet the requirements of TRT stream. It usually applies to skilled workers who have never or worked for a short period in Australia.
  • Labour Agreement
    This stream may be available if your employer wishes to sponsor you for
    permanent residence and has entered into a labour agreement with the
    Department that provides for a permanent residence pathway

Skilled Independent visa ( subclass 189)

It is a point-based stream available for skilled workers who do not have sponsor such as employer, family or state or territory government. This visa lets you live and work in Australia on a permanent basis. You are required to submit and expression of interest and must be invited to apply for this visa. You require 60 points at the minimum to be eligible.

Factors used to determine points:

  • Age
  • English Language Ability
  • Skilled Employment in the last 10 years (outside Australia)
  • Skilled Employment in the last 10 year (inside Australia)
  • Qualifications
  • Australian Study Requirement
  • Specialist Education Qualification
  • Accredited in a community language
  • Study in regional Australia or a low population growth metropolitan area
  • Partner skills qualifications
  • Professional year in Australia

Skilled Regional (subclass 489 and subclass 887)

This visa allows skilled workers to live and work in regional or low population growth metropolitan areas.

There are 3 pathways:

  • Invited pathway – nominated by state/territory or an eligible relative.
  • Extended Stay pathway
  • Subsequent entry pathway

Please send us your detailed resume to be able to provide you with
suitable advice.

Training Visa (subclass 407)

This visa allows you to participate in workplace based or professional development training that is related to you occupation or area of expertise.Eligibility:

  • Sponsored by an approved sponsor
  • Identified in approved nomination lodged by the sponsor
  • Have functional English
  • Have sufficient financial support for yourself and your accompanying family
  • Have arrangements for health insurance

Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)

This visa is similar to Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189) except that
you are nominated by a state or territory.

Contact Us

What is twelve plus eleven?

Better yet, see us in person!

We offer all immigration services to our clients, so feel free to visit us during normal business hours. For urgent Merits Review request, please contact us directly via phone/email.

Aspect Migration And Education Consultancy

Office 415, 101 Overton Road Melbourne, VIC, Australia 3030

Call Us At

0414 573 092

Philippines- Davao

Arlene Lo 091 5113 5918

James Morales Lo 091 7943 5399